What is Prism
- Create an application from modules that can be built, assembled and, optionally, deployed by independent teams using WPF or Silverlight.
- Minimize cross-team dependencies and allow teams to specialize in different areas, such as user interface (UI) design, business logic implementation, and infrastructure code development.
- Use an architecture that promotes re-usability across independent teams.
- Increase the quality of applications by abstracting common services that are available to all the teams.
- Incrementally integrate new capabilities.
Basic of Prism Framework
- Reuse: you can use the modules in more than 2 application, and use it in WPF and Silverlight. (cross-platform).
- Supports Team Development: designers working on the UI, different teams working on different modules.
- Quality of code: is increased because it allows to test services and components.